9 Steps to a Sustainable Home
December 16 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm$156.99
Plug into this simple framework that helps you make sense of all the sustainability jargon and considers rising cost of ownership as a segway to create some resilient and affordable outcomes. Building and constructing sustainable, profitable projects begins with understanding and uncovering the land characteristics, cost of construction and designing with lifestyle in mind.
The 9 Steps:
- Land Characteristics – Where land can increase costs & considering all the elements to location.
- Designing for Lifestyle – Thinking smart about the function of a home & planning for the future
- Building Environmental Resilience – Knowledge of how the climate affects the function of the home & how to incorporate free tools to add value.
- Value Add for a Sustainable Home – Understand the methods of costing both a new build and renovation by considering inclusions lists & Energy Ratings
- Aspects to Sustainable Construction – With six focus areas in mind, practical sustainability initiatives, hints & tips, allow you to start applying this knowledge.
- Builder Due Diligence – Factors influencing what builders you can use including topics on licensing, certifiers and planning laws.
- Financial Wellness – Consider how to maximise your cash flow and reduce out of pocket expenses.
- Contracts & Construction Conditions – Gain exposure to this environment prior to starting and gain the confidence here to know what you are looking for.
- Cost of Not Going Sustainable: Return on Investment – Understand the practical application and returns then begin applying sustainability concepts to your own scenarios.
The creator of this series, Jess Osborne built 9 nine homes herself with efficiencies in mind and has now written this masterclass to share her learnings with the community. She has worked in property since 2007, now runs her own land development company Josh Develop, involved on the Residential Committee for Property Council of Australia and is Treasurer of Australian Green Development Forum.
Joining her is Valerie Bares, who brings her environmental and sustainability passions and experience from Post Grad Environmental Management Degree, National EnviroDevelopment Manager with UDIA (Qld) & now running her own consulting practice ESC Consulting assisting developers prepare submissions for sustainable projects.
Each participant will receive a free pocket guide emailed to them, a 60+ workbook on the day & the masterclass is fully catered for.
Please bring along any project information you are currently working on, plans, layouts, address info. Current Water bills. Smart phone location (google maps if available) .